Monday, January 20, 2014

Benefit POREfessional Pro Balm - Review and Demonstration (Before and After pics)

Hi Everyone! Today's review is on a new product of mine, this is the Benefit POREfessional Pro Balm, which has such a following, it really doesn't need much of an introduction! It's one of Benefit's best selling products and can be used with or without makeup to minimise the visibility of pores on the face. 


This is me pre-POREfessional with a clean face and no makeup or moisturiser. To be honest, I never really had a problem with my pores. They haven't been something I've ever noticed or found to be troublesome, however, after seeing the before and after pictures on the internet and instagram, I noticed real changes and was really interested to see if it could smooth out my skin in the same way. 



The POREfessional comes in this very cute packaging which has a kitschy 50's feel, typical of Benefit products. The tube has most of the information you'll need, such as the life, a brief description and amount. The rest of the information, such as ingredients, can be found on the box which I unfortunately threw out in my excitement (woops).


The POREfessional resembles a thicker, pastier, gluey foundation. It has a definite visible shade to it, but this doesn't add any coverage or pigment to your skin. 

The POREfessional works to minimise the appearance of pores and smoothes the surface of the skin to allow for flawless application of foundation on top, so decide where you think you need it. For example, after looking closely, I saw that my nose, forehead, chin and inner areas of my cheeks had quite large pores, so this is the area I decided to concentrate on. The tube is only 22ml and quite pricey so be sure to only use what you need. 

I warmed the product by applying it to my finger, then spread it with my hands. I rubbed it in circular motions to ensure all my skin was covered, then waited around 20 seconds for the product to dry/sink in and took a picture of the results.


I was extremely happy with the results! I didn't even realise I had a problem with pores before I tried this (I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, ha!), but now I know how to control them. My skin felt immediately smooth and almost velvety. In the mirror, my skin looked airbrushed.

Here are my before and after pictures to compare!


My pores on the sides of my nose have probably had the most visible change, and you can also see some deep pores on my cheeks which were filled nicely. Also, underneath my nostril I had some noticeable pores, however in the second image they are gone. 
Now for a gory close up!


Well, the results are in! The POREfessional clearly makes a huge difference to facial pores. Believe the pictures you see on the internet! I'm so impressed with this product which works instantly and noticeably improved the texture of my skin. I can see why the POREfessional is such a best seller; it really is a wonderful product and I look forward to using it in place of my primer for an extra flawless finish. I absolutely recommend this product!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The primer you have is a fake, unfortunately.
    Just google the difference between the fake and the original
    or have a look here:
    http://www.cynthiarenard.com/2013/07/how-to-spot-fake-benefit-cosmetics.html
    Imagine what the original can do for you if you are so happy with this?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig