Monday, January 20, 2014

MAC Fleur Power Blush - Review and Swatch

Hello everyone! I'm back with another swatch and review post, this time with the MAC powder blush in Fleur Power. 

Fleur Power is a 'soft bright pinkish coral' shade on the MAC website. It is definitely darker than the baby pink and peachy shades I usually go for, but I was looking for a great coral shade and this one is highly praised.


The packaging is a typical compact style, and has a window on the front so you can see the colour. I definitely like being able to see the colour through the front (unlike NARS blushes where you just have to guess).


On the back of the compact, which is about 5 or 6 cm in diameter, there is a sticker with the name and weight of the product. I want to say how much I like the packaging. It feels very sturdy and snaps into place. The hinges are solid and the overall packaging looks clean and isn't over complicated.


Then opening up the compact you've got a large amount of product. I'd say you have about 5cm diameter of product, which I find huge! Though, for AUD$41, you'd expect a generous amount of product. 


The shade is definitely bright and pink. Though it doesn't seem orange toned enough for me to consider it a coral shade, so I'll call it a VERY pink coral. It is quite vibrant and intense as a blush shade, which means you'll have to dust it on ever so lightly to avoid that china doll look!


I'm in love with the texture of this blush. The powder is very fine and glides on really nicely due to its satin finish. The product does actually have a tiny amount of shimmer which is barely visible both in the pan and when on the skin, however I'm sure during wear these pigments catch the light.


The product, when swiped with my finger came out really intensely and really opaque. Especially as I tested it on the paler side of my arm. Obviously this isn't how intense the blush would look when on your cheeks, but it gives you an idea of the tone you would build when dusting it on the cheeks.


Though Fleur Power isn't a shade I'd usually reach for, I do like the warmth of it and its vibrancy would make a nice change in my makeup routine. I love the opacity and texture of the blush, so perhaps a dolly pink MAC blush would be my perfect shade. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig