Monday, February 10, 2014

Daisy Eau De Toilette Marc Jacobs - Review









I couldn’t resist. I know it must seem terribly dull to see and hear bloggers and YouTubers, along with magazine ads and all your friends harping on about this perfume, but I literally cannot resist. You already know it is good. You already know it is utterly fabulous because it has won awards, celebrities use it and it is one of the best selling perfumes of all time!

I adore Daisy by Marc Jacobs. It is my go-to, everyday perfume because it makes me feel instantly fresh and beautiful. I catch whiffs of myself throughout the day wearing it and think to myself, “damn, I smell amazing”. For someone who usually loves fruitier perfumes (think DKNY Red Delicious or Escada Taj Sunset), this floral perfume isn’t usually one I’d have chosen. If I hadn’t smelt it I wouldn’t have gone for it.

The packing is super cute though, and somehow gets away with being un-tacky. Considering it has great big plastic flowers sticking up, it looks really cute and girly. CUTE is my key word here. This definitely isn’t a sexy fragrance, it is youthful and playful (you only have to look at the adverts to see that). Nevertheless, it is a wonderfully feminine fragrance that I feel very much ‘suits’ me.

I’m really rubbish at describing scents in perfume so I’ll employ trusty Google to do it for me. So, Marc Jacobs (the website, unfortunately, not the man himself) says that Daisy is “Fresh and feminine, Daisy is a playful bright and alluring scent. Daisy captivates with the luscious freshness of wild strawberry, then blooms with the modern vintage edge of velvety violet petals and finishes with a luminous blend of gardenia and jasmine. The white accords of birch and cedarwood add a bit of intensity.”
Oooh, there is jasmine in there! Told you it suited me ;)

This is an everyday fragrance for young women the world over, and I cannot think of a single person I have ever heard say they dislike this perfume. Give it a try if you like the sound of it! A 50ml bottle retails for $69.99 at Chemist Warehouse, which should last a good while. I’ve had mine since Christmas and as you can see it is still pretty full!

Do you own Daisy by Marc Jacobs? What are some of your other favourite scents?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig