Thursday, February 13, 2014

MAC Flamingo Lipstick - Review and Swatches






This is a lipstick I’ve been dying to swatch and post about. It is MAC’s Flamingo, a lustre lipstick from their Limited Edition ‘All About Orange’ Collection. I was lucky enough to find this on eBay wwwaaaayyyy after they’d stopped doing them in stores, so I was so excited. I love pretty much everything about this lipstick.

So when I first tried it on, I remember being disappointed about how sheer it was, but worked out I could build it up to be slightly thicker and more neon. It looked so vibrant and coral-pink in the tube and when it goes on your lips it is more like a buildable pink sheen. At first I was kind of annoyed, but it actually turns out that flamingo is so wearable; much more wearable than when I thought it was going to be a neon colour.

The lipstick is creamy and balmy, and while it doesn’t add any moisture to your lips, it feels luxurious and velvety smooth. It transfers a bit when you eat or drink, and after time definitely fades, but I don’t really have a problem with that as it means I can whip it out in the ladies and preen myself while my boyfriend wonders what is taking so long.

The colour overall is actually a milky muted coral pink, definitely not as loud as I had initially wished for, but definitely cute and pretty and wearable. Some of the colours I found of swatches on Google turned out to be unreliable, so be wary of this when purchasing your lippies.
I’m actually really pleased with this colour, and wear it pretty frequently. I got it off eBay for about $27AUD but it came from America, which is far far more affordable than over here in stupid Australia where cosmetics can be double or triple the price! Since finding this online I always check eBay first before ordering, I have saved myself a lot of money!

What’s your favourite neon pink lipstick? Do you buy your makeup off eBay?


SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig