Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mini Clothing Haul!













Just wanted to share with you some of my most recent purchases in the clothing category! I’m a bit stupid when it comes to shopping. I feel as though if I buy a coat during summer it will influence the weather to be what I want it to be. I am forever buying bikinis in winter hoping for a freak 30 degree day! Anyway, with this being said I’ve bought some winter appropriate stuff, but I’ve also got some stuff I can stick on now! Maybe this time my new clothes won’t be out of fashion by the time I get to wear them!

Strawberry Pom Pom Shorts: They are irresistibly cute! They look delicious enough to eat and I’m so excited to wear them. I’ve been on a bit of a mad shorts haul recently; I’ve got enough pairs now to wear a different pair every day for about two months without repeating one. Ah well, these ones I NEEDED! They were $35 from a JustU store, and I’m going to wear them with a cute plain vest crop top as they’re slightly highwaisted. It pains me that you can’t seem to find these brands online because I’d be all over it. You can find similar styles at Showpo.com, Dollygirlfashion.com and BeginningBoutique.com.

Faiza Platform Chelsea Boots: Heaven in a pair of shoes. So sexy. So comfortable! Well, as comfortable as they could be. Obviously they’re high but I really never wear heels so they’re great for practising, and once I get used to it they should be easy as anything to totter around in. These are going to be awesome for winter because I can shamelessly layer up underneath with bed socks so I can stay toasty, and with a pair of skinny jeans tucked in, they’ll look really effortlessly sexy. These were from Boohoo and cost $65 and I’m very very pleased with them!

White Swing Dress: Hmmm, even in a size 6 these swing dresses come down to my knees. I had an image of how it would look on me, but it didn’t really turn out that way. I have a tendency to like clothes that are tighter on my body because I think I look larger underneath my clothes. When I see other girls in swing dresses or loose clothes I don’t think they look big though, so maybe it’s just my eyes playing tricks. I’m not sure how I’m going to style this yet. Maybe with a slouchy cardigan for cooler months or floaty kimono in the summer. I have to say I’m impressed with the quality of this! Missguided’s things (especially sweet deal items which I steer clear of completely now) can be pretty thin and sheer to the point of being unwearable. This dress was only $20 and is thick and sturdy. It will take me some time to decide how I’m going to wear it, but white is my go-to colour and it’s a flattering dress.

Flafica Eyelash Jumper in Baby Blue: I’ve been looking out for one of these mohair type crop jumpers for a while now. There is something really cool and grungey about them, and considering I’m not too much of a grungey girl anymore, I was surprised when I found myself wanting one. I have worn mine already with a chain necklace and some highwaisted jeans. This jumper is really warm and the colour is perfect for winter! It is from Missguided for $40, and they are actually really fast at shipping so I’d definitely recommend them!

Maxi Skirt with Side Split: I’ve got a weird relationship with maxi skirts. I can’t tell if they look nice because I’m so short! I’ve bought this black one because it seems like an obvious staple piece that everyone should have in their wardrobe, plus it was only $11 or something very cheap from Missguided so I can’t really say no to the price. It was styled on the model with some platform boots, so I’m going to take inspiration from that on how to style it.

Overall I’m happy with these! It’s actually very rare that I return any items from online shopping and I’m pretty glad my judgement serves me well! Sometimes I open my package though and I’m horrified because it’s really not what I expected, but I can usually find a way to incorporate it into my wardrobe, even if only as pjs. My favourite items are definitely my boots and those cute amazing wonderful strawberry shorts! I’ve also been able to establish my favourite online stores; they are definitely Missguided and Dollygirl.
                                                                                          
What are your favourite online stores?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig