Thursday, February 13, 2014

NARS Albatross Review and Swatches










Hmmm. NARS’s Albatross. The first makeup product I asked myself ‘do I reeeally need this?’ before handing over my credit card. Since purchasing it, I can’t say I’ve used it every single day, but I can say that I’ve loved having it as part of my ever growing makeup collection and really enjoy how it looks when it is on.
So Albatross is a shimmering highlighter powder by NARS. NARS has my upmost respect and obsession, I’m completely in love with all of their products (unfortunately for my bank balance) and I am working on relieving Mecca Cosmetica of their stock. I have found that not every morning calls for a makeup look involving a highlight powder, and not all mornings have the time! I’d also probably say I use Albatross way more at night than during the day, as I find it can look quite obviously sparkly and I hate feeling like a 12 year old with glitter on my face. Although, Albatross is actually packed with gold shimmering microglitter, which is wonderful for clubbing or nighttime looks, or my favourite, dewy skin finishes!
Albatross is so great for a dewy look because it brightens up your skin and makes you look awake and luminous and radiant. When dusted on very lightly (VERY lightly) I have found I can get away with it during the day for a super duper dewy skin, but I’m definitely happier about using it in the evening when it isn’t too obv. I’ve actually also used this as an eyeshadow base because it is shimmery and far more subtle when on the eyes rather than the cheeks.

Mecca says:
This truly versatile highlighting product may be worn on its own or layered over other color products for added highlight and dimension. The soft shimmering color will add instant radiance to any complexion, and may be used on the face and body.

I do find this powder helps you to achieve that Kim Kardashian look; you know, very heavily contoured and highlighted? Since I don’t go for that every day, this powder isn’t really a necessity. Also, I sometimes like to use a matte powder such as MAC mineralise skin finish in light to highlight, and this feels a lot more natural.
Albatross was $45 and to be fair, it is lasting well (partly due to the fact I don’t use it too much), but when I do, it gives me the most flawless, shimmering golden goddess look to my skin, so I won’t complain! I’m not sure if I would repurchase this product, but since it is a part of my collection, I will always find a use for it!
Do you own Albatross? What are your thoughts on the product?


SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig