Sunday, February 23, 2014

NARS Deep Throat Blush Review








Well I certainly am glad that the women in Mecca Cosmetica are used to the names of NARS’s naughty blushes, unlike my mum, boyfriend and sister who all seemed, embarrassed, amused and horrified when I told them what I’d bought yesterday. I’ve been after Deep Throat for a long long while because I’ve been searching for that perfect peachy blush. I’m pleased to say I’m pretty sure I have actually found my holy grail peachy pink blush! I am truly in love. NARS calls it a ‘flirty, sheer peach’, and peachy it is indeed. It’s quite a warm shade of blusher, and contains microglitter which gives your skin a dewy shimmery glow. I am obsessed and in love! The shade is quite a pastel pink, which ends up being quite sheer on the skin once applied. Of course, the colour can be built up like with all NARs products.

The texture of this blush, as many NARS fans will already know and love, is super smooth and the product is a fine, thin powder which makes it so effortlessly blendable. With such velvety powder, the colour is quite intense when swatched. This blush was $45 in Mecca Cosmetica, which is where I usually get all of my blushes from. I’d say it was relatively high-end and therefore pretty expensive, but it’s an investment and will end up being one of your most wearable daytime shades of blush. I find it to instantly warm my complexion with a rose tinted peachy glow, and is just slightly less pink and less shimmery than NARS’s all time best, Orgasm. I actually like Deep Throat more than Orgasm in terms of wearability and colour! Call me crazy but I find the peach tone much more my ‘thing’ and I believe I’ll just pick it up naturally more than any other blushes I own.


This is a blush I can see myself reaching for absolutely all year round. In winter it will warm up my naturally pale complexion and for the summer it will compliment my slightly more tanned skin, plus in the summer the shimmer will add that dewy sunkissed glow that I am in love with. This blush can also be so subtle it won’t draw attention away from the rest of your makeup look if you choose to apply it that way. It’s a wonderful everyday blush and I’m sure I’ll get loads of wear out of it. I love this blush so much! It is my holy grail peach blush.


SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig