Monday, February 10, 2014

NARS Orgasm Laguna Duo Review










Above image is Orgasm and Laguna Side by side, with them blended on the further edge.

It will always be an awkward time when you’re out for lunch with your mother and someone asks you what blush you are wearing. No matter how cringe inducing, the Orgasm/Laguna Duo by NARS is one of my ultimate favourite beauty products. I first decided I NEEDED it after discovering NARS, and although I was somewhat put off by their prices, I found you could pay around $55USD on eBay for a duo, where you almost got two products for one.

I’ll start with the packaging. It is an elegant matte black. It is quite a large compact with two half-size products inside. The NARS logo is on the front and looks sleek and professional, but unfortunately the outside of mine gets quite dirty and smudgey. Inside, the mirror is absolutely HUGE! It’s great! Even when I’m not using the products inside the compact, I’ll often reach for it just to use the mirror. Very very handy indeed.

Orgasm is the multi award winning blush, which is described by Mecca Cosmetica as a ‘peachy pink with shimmer’. The blush itself is very pink, and packs such pigmentation on your skin it can be easy to overdo it. The shimmer is golden, which makes for a beautiful dewy and sunkissed look. It is a cult classic and loved by YouTubers and Make Up Artists everywhere. My favourite time to use it is summer, because my skin doesn’t look too overdone if I’ve got a lot of blusher on. In summer I’ve got that natural flushed look, and darker skin too, so Orgasm looks really pretty and shimmery. During winter, however, I can imagine it may look harsh on my really pale skin, and I wouldn’t want to look bright coral coloured!

Laguna is the bronzing powder, a ‘brown with golden shimmer’. I tend to use this more as a contour than a bronzer, simply because I find it pretty dark. The shade is absolutely divine, however. I love the depth of the shade and its natural look underneath my cheekbones. The shimmer is subtle and pairs beautifully with the Orgasm blush (I very rarely use them separately).

The shades are lasting remarkably well despite me diving into them about once or twice a week for the last 5 months. I’d definitely recommend the duo if you can find the shades you like, because they last really well and are much more affordable. The textures of the product has remained true NARS quality (once you’ve felt a NARS powder, you’ll fall in love). As much as I love the Orgasm/Laguna duo, I’ll always wish for a Deepthroat/Laguna!

Which blusher and bronzer do you wish were a duo?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig