Monday, February 24, 2014

Sigma Brow Powder Duo Light | Review and Swatches





As I have recently become a brow fiend, my brow products collection keeps growing and growing. I am constantly keeping my eyes open for the best rated and most loved brow products and I’m pleased to say that I am in love, completely and utterly, with Sigma’s Brow Powder Duo in Light. I like to tint my brows, because I bleach my hair blonde and I’m not always fond of those dark eyebrows. Sometimes I leave my brows dark though, usually when my regrowth is coming back because it looks natural and I feel I can get away with it. The Sigma Brow Powder Duo in Light gives the two perfect shades for both these occasions; the lighter powder looks lovely and natural on my tinted brows, and the darker powder is perfect for my natural brows.

The powder comes in a beautiful little compact with Sigma’s logo on the front in holographic film. It’s a great size, easy to store and closes with a clip that feels very secure, so go crazy throwing it in the bottom of your handbag. I use the product on my Sigma small angle E65 brush, and gently sweep the powder through the thicker areas of my brows. Then, without taking any more product, I shade the inner part of my brows so it doesn’t look too obvious and unnaturally dark. This is my first ever Sigma actual makeup product; I own lots of their brushes but I decided to branch out and use some of their makeup because I’ve heard good things.

The powders are a wonderful ashy, taupy, natural colour. They apply smoothly, are really easy to blend out through the brows and last a really long time. I set the powder using a brow gel, which definitely seems to improve the longevity of the powders. I love the natural tone of my brows when I use this powder; it seems way more natural than other powders I have used. As you can see by the swatches, the colours are buildable and can be opaque if that’s your thing. I got this brow powder for $14USD, and I’m happy with how long it has lasted so far and I love the results! I’d definitely recommend this powder for my fellow brow fiends, but of course I’ll be looking for many more in the future.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig