Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lord & Berry Lipstick Crayon 20100 Review and Swatches



Who doesn’t love a jolly good nose about on all those websites, adding things to your basket and working out how many of your belongings you’d have to sell in order to actually afford them?! This was me about 3 weeks ago, furiously texting my boss and demanding he give me extra shifts. I’d fallen in love with a whole load of stuff on LookFantastic, which is as wonderful as it is addictive, and couldn’t wait to place my order. In amongst all the makeup and haircare were these two Lord & Berry 20100 Lipstick Crayons in two beautiful shades; Vintage Pink and Fuchsia.

I’ve been craving these strange looking lip products for a while; I’d seen positive reviews on two of my favourite blogs (Birds Words and Thumbelina Lillie) and then searched long and hard to try and find some more information, which was quite difficult in the end! There’s not a great deal of information on the Lord & Berry Lipstick Crayons on the internet, and even less swatch pictures, so I ordered them sort of blindly, not really knowing which colours I’d be getting. I went with Vintage Pink and Fuchsia, which struck me as a couple of really gorgeous and feminine shades of pink.

Vintage pink is a pretty wearable, neutral peachy, nudey pink. It’s definitely one you can slap on for an un-done sort of look. It isn’t OTT or too vibrant, it’s simply a ‘my lips but a better colour’ colour, which is exactly what I’ve been needing after my last beloved everyday pink ran out. It’s definitely one I’m going to reach for when I need a daytime lip shade, but I think it might be a little too understated for a night out. Regardless, though, I’m going to get a hell of a lot of wear out of this gorgeous shade; I absolutely love it!

Fuchsia is a really intimidating colour! When I pulled it out of the box I remember thinking “whaaaaat??”, but now I’ve swatched it on my lips and worn it out for dinner, I’m coming around. It’s your typical Barbie pink; it’s in your face, it’s bold, and it’s not for the faint of heart. It’s definitely a show stopper, but such a bright, vibrant colour gives you so much confidence when you know you’ve pulled it off. This lip works beautifully with a simple black winged liner and lots of mascara, and that’s what I’ve paired it with so far, otherwise it’s far too overdone!

The application of these lipsticks is an absolute dream! I lost my lipstick crayon virginity to these, and I really don’t understand why it’s taken me so long to hop on the bandwagon. They apply like a beautiful velvety cream, and it’s so pigmented and intense in colour. They’re actually pretty long lasting too, and stain pretty well so that even when the product rubs off, there’s still a definite colour on your lips. The packaging is ok I suppose, I don’t like the fact that you’ve got to be careful when removing the lid in case you hack off a piece of the crayon, but other than that it’s sleek, and I love the Lord & Berry logo on the side.

I can’t put into words just how impressed I am with Lord & Berry’s 20100 Lipstick Crayons; I’m eager to build up my collection and they look like they’ve got some really gorgeous shades. These crayons are a breath of fresh air from my usual lipstick choices, and I’m hooked on the amazing pigmentation and creamy formula. At £8 each, they’re a whole lot cheaper than MAC, but a little more expensive than the drugstore brands. They sit pretty at about the mid-range, and after they’ve impressed me so much, I’m happy to spend the little bit extra. A massive winner in my opinion; get on Lord & Berry’ products!






SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig