Friday, May 16, 2014

Skinfood Mud Masque Review





Well well well, if it isn’t my most adored beauty product of the moment! I’ve been so excited to write this post for a few weeks now, and simply haven’t gotten around to it (probably because I’ve been too busy buttering my face up with this very masque). It is, of course, the Skinfood New Zealand Mud Masque, which I’ve adored endlessly since receiving it through the post. I added this baby to my Amazon basket, and to be honest, it wasn’t one of those products I’d been lusting over. It caught my eye as I was scrolling and I just thought, ‘whatever’, and clicked. It actually sat unused in my drawer for a few days after I got it (very, very weird for a person who likes to inspect and road-test all their new things as the postman is still shoving it through the letterbox).

All this aside, after I’d used it, I was sold and I fell immediately in love with my new holy-grail product. I have, arguably, Britain’s oiliest face, and so I’ve got to steer clear of ‘nourishing’ or ‘hydrating’ masks, which is a shame because this tends to be a lot of them. The Skinfood Mud Masque is a deep cleanser which gets right into your pores and rounds up all the oils, dirt and sweat, leaving your pores looking small and your skin feeling soft. It’s a natural based product, too, meaning it shouldn’t be too harsh on the skin and it smells incredible! It contains Rotorua mud, which is found in volcanoes. Then there’s spirulina, which is apparently also amazing for stimulating your skin, as well your brain. There’s Vitamin E, Apricot Oil and Lavender Oil which all work together to rejuvenate and cleanse the skin. The smell of the masque is actually quite citrus-y, and I got a bit teary last time I applied it because it is quite intense!

Nevertheless, the masque is luxuriously thick and smooth in application, and squeezes out of the tube easily. By the way, I muuuuch prefer masques in tubes rather than in pots. (Who were masques in pots designed for?? Where is this community of people who have the extra limb necessary for screwing the lid back on when there’s product on your hand??) Gripe aside, I adore this masque and it spreads out evenly over my skin. It is cool and refreshing at first, but the real magic happens as this baby starts to dry!


In the pictures below, you can see where the real work is being done. As the masque begins to dry, you can clearly see the oils being absorbed by the masque around my nose and forehead, and also where my spots were (the one to the left of my lip is most obvious). You can literally SEE this masque working. For £9.62, the Skinfood Mud Masque is an absolute steal, and works miracles on my oily skin, which stays nice and matte for at least a good few hours after use. I love it, and I’m sure you guys will too. It is definitely one of beauty’s unsung heroes! Let me know if anyone else has used it!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig