Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo & Conditioner Review




If you're a fellow blondie, you're going to really need to prick your ears up for this one. As I'm sure you'll know, when you bleach and lighten your hair colour, you become susceptible to really annoying brassy, bronzey tones in your hair that develop over time. Don't ask me about the science, all I know is being blonde is an investment and a half! There's about a million steps you've got to take to care for your blonde hair, like extra trims, deep moisturising masques and possibly the most important of the lot; toning! (I did a YouTube video on caring for bleach blonde hair, which you can watch here)

I've tried a few different purple toned shampoos and conditioners, and decided I'd try a drugstore brand after finishing off my SilverScreen bottles. The Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo and Conditioner retail at £6.99 per bottle, which I'm liking. They're a pretty good alternative to a salon brand toner, and so far are lasting me well and remove those unwanted orangey tones from my hair. Neither of these products have a particularly strong smell, so I'd recommend these to people who are put off my strong smelling products. 

The shampoo is highly pigmented with purple, so I believe this is the better item between the two. I lather this up (using a lot of product because it doesn't spread very well (some people recommend you mix it with your usual shampoo but I've got OCD issues surrounding this!!)) and leave it on while I do most of my other showery business. The conditioner, which is slightly violet, I leave on for less time as its toning properties aren't as strong. I always notice a difference in the colour of my hair after using my Bleach Blondes, and it almost looks as though you've just had your highlights done! 


I will just point out, however, that this isn't a brilliantly moisturising or repairing set, which I find really necessary for keeping my blonde looking pretty. I alternate this with a deeply nourishing shampoo and conditioner which (for the most part) keeps my hair soft and silky. If you're on a bit of a budget but need to keep those brassy tones away, then I'd definitely recommend this, and I'm glad I've gotten to try this out! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig