Friday, June 27, 2014

Recipe: Refreshing Summer Smoothie!





It's summer here in the UK, which means you can probably find me out back in my garden, scantily clad, reading a book and sipping on one of my favourite things ever; a fresh juice or an icy, home-blended smoothie. I'm big into smoothies, purely because you know exactly what has gone into them. It's so important to be aware of all the ingredients you're fuelling your body with, because nine times out of ten, if you're feeling less than perfect, it is something missing or something wrong in the food you're eating!

This smoothie is all natural, all healthy and really cheap to make. It is absolutely perfect for sipping on slowly, and the ingredients are specially selected to nourish, hydrate and refresh your body when you're sitting out in the sun!

In this baby, I used:
1 whole banana, peeled
2 handfuls of frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and cherries)
1 handful of ice
400ml of Tropicana with juicy bits, or any orange juice you prefer

I simply chucked them all in my blender and whizzed it all up. What came out was about a pint of red deliciousness of all natural, icy cold refreshment which I spent about an hour sipping through a straw in my back garden. Loooovely! It's so important to take into consideration that you can buy slushies from loads of news agents, and you can even buy icy cold soft drinks and juice drinks, but you can never guarantee the level of goodness in a product unless you make it from scratch! So many products have added nasties that cost you more money in the end. I'd say this pint of goodness only cost about £2 to make, so it's already cheaper than a whole load of stuff you can get in the shops. Then add in the fact you get a whole lot more than what you can buy instore, and then consider how nutritious and delicious it all is! Can't be any simpler.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig