Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Favourites







June has brought with it a summery wave of beautiful hot days and gorgeous sunshine, prompting me to revisit some of my old favourites and crack out the new products which are perfect for summer. It was also my birthday at the end of May, which meant that my dream finally came true and I got my own pair of GHDs! Read on for my reviews of my absolute favourites for the wonderfully summery month of June!

M&S Balconette Longline Floral Bra & Panties 
Ooooh la la! Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've got a huge problem with buying underwear constantly! I haven't even got a boyfriend to show it off to! I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it's the fact that wearing matching, pretty, girly underwear makes you feel confident and sexy. Of the three pairs I got, these are definitely my favourite. I've worn them loads and they fit like a dream. They're so flattering and comfortable and make me feel great. 

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish 
I'm a recovering nail biter, and after trying to stop biting and picking for literally over a decade, trying all the tricks (gloves on, bitter tasting nail polish, sitting on my hands) I discovered that having pretty nail varnish made me not want to bite! Woopeee! So I've been picking up the gelly formulas because they don't chip and easily and they come in the most gorgeous cotton-candy pastels and summery shades. They've been hailed by beauty bloggers all over the internet and I'm glad I've hopped on the bandwagon. I adore these polishes.

MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer in NC15 
An old faithful made a grand return into my everyday makeup routine this month. It's strange because normally I shy away from full coverage products during the summer months and let my freckles show! Unfortunately, the warm weather brought with it an awful breakout for me, so I've had to reach for my industrial strength stuff to cover up these blemishes. Pro-longwear concealers literally couldn't be any better, they're creamy and thick, extraordinarily pigmented and they don't crease or budge or smudge all day, even in hot weather. Always a winner!

Urban Decay Naked Palette
What can I even say in this favourites post to praise the Naked Palette further than everyone else already has. It is the PERFECT, and I mean PERFECT eyeshadow palette. I could genuinely bin every other palette I've got and be set for any occasion with this one. The shades are beautiful, even though they're nude based, and they're anything but boring. I've been reaching for this palette to create those barely there summery eye looks and I continue to be impressed by the longevity and pigmentation in the eyeshadows.

Blistex Intensive Repair Lipbalm
Unfortunately it doesn't matter which season I find myself in, my lips always take it upon themselves to be as sore and chapped and rubbish as they possibly can. I've always got a lipbalm with me, and this one has always been my ultimate holy grail lipbalm. Seriously, if you have the same issue with dry lips, this is the lipbalm for you. It tingles and you can really feel it working. It almost resurfaces your lips and they become amazing and lovely and soft.

Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner in a cat eye flick is my day-to-day eye look, so I go through liquid eyeliner like a demon! I've always loved felt tip and pen types, but I tried out a dippy one and I was pleasantly surprised with it. You can get a lot more product on the..stick(?) and therefore create a thicker and bolder line in one stroke. For the price, it's an amazing little staple that everyone should have in their makeup bag.

GHD IV Styler in Lavender
How I have waited and waited for the day I'd get my very own pair of straighteners! I've always nicked my little sisters and my stepmums when I've needed that perfect poker-straight look. There's something undeniably perfect about GHDs, I'm not sure why they're so much better than every other straightener I've tried, but I find I get way less split ends, way less frizz, the straightness lasts for much much longer. The colour, as well, is just irresistible. My wonderful Dad and Stepmummy got these for me for my birthday at the end of May, and I've barely gone a day without using them. They're just perfect and very easy on the eyes and give my hair such a smooth, soft finish. 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love those GHD's! I won a pair from look fantastic last month and although I love the pair I got I was secretly hoping for these.
    Great favorites
    xx
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig