Tuesday, September 9, 2014

haul: Superdrug




Well, this looks like just about the most mundane haul the world has ever seen! I'm gutted to look at these pictures and see I didn't really get anything too exciting. I guess we can call this an 'Essentials' haul! I ran out of basically EVERYTHING recently and had a mad dash round Superdrug in town to restock my bathroom cupboards with all things necessary. I've had a chance to give these all a good go, so if you're nosy and are interested in my essential bits and bobs, then keep scrolling!

Makeup:

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Vanilla £9.99 (2 for 1)
I've really been impressed by these babies! They're a great alternative to my ultimate favourite L'Oreal True Match, and the shade vanilla is just beautifully cool and flattering. It's quite a light coverage, but is buildable and stays pretty well. Overall I'm impressed, and I got these on offer, result!

Gosh Natural Blush in Rose Whisper £6.99
An absolutely beautiful 'barely there' peachy shade which works for me most days. It's one of those really understated blushes that you can stick on just to add a bit of colour and warmth to your face, but doesn't make you look ridiculously caked with slap. GOSH always impresses me with their stuff, and while it seems a bit pricey for Superdrug's own brand, the quality and staying power of this blush is brilliant.

Collection 2000 24hr Extreme Felt Tip Liner £2.99
I'm constantly constantly buying these things, I'm on about my 5th or 6th. This one is probably the best I've tried, which is wonderful because the price tag is miniature! The tip is skinny and easy to control, and comes out beautifully opaque. It smudges quite a bit if you mess up whilst applying, but once you've mastered the shaky-hands, it's not too much of an issue. These run out a bit soon, but for how cheap they are, it's not a huge issue to keep repurchasing.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19
I've heard so many amazing reviews of this concealer among the blogging community that I stuck this straight in my basket without a second thought. I don't know if I picked up a dodgy one, but while I like the product inside the tube, the tube itself has utterly exploded in my makeup drawers spilling thick concealer everywhere! The concealer itself does the job it claims to do, and I'm happy with it, however I'm annoyed about the tube breaking. Though, for £4.19, what can a girl expect?

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 01 £5.49
This is a beautiful shade and I've got a full length review coming up soon. It's a great formula for a drugstore lippy, and the shade is a Kate Moss's signature gorgeous dark vampy red. I love the way it looks alongside my pale skin and blonde hair (though I'm struggling to rock it recently given that my hair is pastel pink and god forbid I clash those colours!) I've loved this shade for a while and I'm so glad I picked it up!


Skincare/Body:

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes £3.25
Most of these are going to be pretty self explanatory, but I ran out of my makeup wipes and these are probably the best wipes around. They're soft and gentle and not smelly and get off a decent amount of makeup.

Simple Pure Soap £1.35
Everybody needs soap!

Dove Deodorants in Cucumber and Pomegranate £3.69
I'm a sweaty person; I'm a nervous sweater and an excited sweater and most of all, a walking up the many hills in Teignmouth sweater. These guys smell absolutely divine and I'm pleased to report that they work very well indeed!

Impulse Body Spray in Sweet Smile and True Love £0.99
Sweet smile is pretty much my signature Impulse scent, and I looooove it. It smells like Pear and Jasmine, and it's a really fresh and girly one. Unfortunately, they only had one left so I grabbed True love too, and it's quite nice too.

Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash £2.39
Heaven in a body wash! I'm so pleased with this little baby, I'll definitely be repurchasing this one! It's like a thick and creamy yoghurt but lathers up an absolute treat on my loofah and smells divine. It leaves my skin beautifully soft, and it's almost like an in-shower moisturiser. It's great for after I've shaved my legs too, because it calms down any razor rash and dryness by moisturising the skin deep down. A massive love of mine.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig