Tuesday, September 9, 2014

review: Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick shade 01 with swatches





Most of us girls are just suckers for red lipsticks. I hold my hands up now and admit that I really truly am! I've got an ever growing collection of reds that I simply never touch (admittedly, this is probably due to my pink hair at the moment, and not wanting to clash those colours!) but I can't stop adding to my collection and searching for that perfect red. 

Kate Moss 01 is Kate's signature red lip, and it's a gorgeous vampy matte shade which I feel brings out my lips' natural fullness really well. I also love how it contrasts with my pale skin and blonde hair in these swatch pictures; I really feel like snow white! It applies smoothly and evenly, even though it's a matte it is still creamy and doesn't dry out your lips at all. I found that it got stuck on my teeth a fair bit though! And I had to reapply it a couple of times throughout the day when I wore it out to Plymouth. Other than that though, I've been impressed by this sexy red. 

At about £5.50, it's fairly mid-range for a drugstore lipstick, but it has gathered quite a following since it's release because it's such a universally flattering shade. I was first drawn into it when I saw Katie Snooks' swatches of the Kate Moss range; they are all gorgeous! But this one just seems like the staple red lippy that every girl should own. 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig