Tuesday, October 21, 2014

♔ The Autumn/Fall TAG


I’ve been tagged by the gorgeous Emily Rose to do this TAG. I absolutely adore the autumn season so there’s loads I’ve got to talk about.

1. Coffee - What is your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks or any other coffee shop?
I suck because I very rarely go into Starbucks because there’s not one close enough to me. I’m absolutely DETERMINED this year to try the Pumpkin Spiced Latte and the Gingerbread Latte if it kills me. I usually stick to my guns and go for a good old comforting Vanilla Latte, which is a lovely winter warmer, but I can imagine the two most popular and most talked about seasonal lattes are going to be gorgeous, and a wonderful way to break up my Christmas shopping trips.

2. Accessories - What do you opt for scarf, boots or gloves?
I opt for scarves and boots! I love my tartan scarves around autumn time because it’s iconic pattern screams out fall, which I love. I wait all summer for it to be time to break it out of the wardrobe and when I do, I can’t help but feel all wintery and excited. As for boots, I’m a chronic boot wearer and I practically live in my Doc Martens. For autumn I add a layer of woolly sock, and incorporate riding boots and cleated sole boots with a small heel into my footwear selection.

3. Music - What's your favourite music to listen to during autumn? 
My music taste tends to change with the seasons, so when autumn rolls around I get right back into my classic fall favourites. Mumford and Sons is perfect, and I start listening to Matt Corby, Laura Marling, Paolo Nutini, The Maccabees, Foals and The Doors. I never tend to stray too far from my all time favourites though; and always have time for Nicki Minaj and Backbeat Soundsystems!

4. Perfume - What's your favourite scent for this time of the year? 
Hmm, my all time favourite scent is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, which definitely doesn’t scream ‘autumn’, but I still spritz it on every morning because I feel like it suits me and my style and I always feel completely done when I’ve got it on. I have recently been lusting after the Body Shop’s mists, though, and they’ve got a vanilla scent I’m dying to try over the winter months.

5. Candles - What scents will you be burning this season? 
I’m rubbish at candles. I love them, I love having them in my room, but usually I’m out in the evenings so I very rarely get to snuggle up on my bed, light my candles and read a book. I’ve got coconut and vanilla scented candles right now, but the cinnamon and spiced apple candles are the ones which are really taking my fancy. I just need to go and pick some up!

6. What do you love most about Autumn?
The colours; the leaves falling from the trees and the cold weather creeping in slowly. I love grey mornings and hearing the rain against the window. I love cosy fluffy slipper socks and cups of tea and hot chocolate. I love lighting the fire and I love when it gets dark early in the evenings. I also adore the evening markets which start to pop up more frequently in the lead up to Christmas, and obviously the stodgy comfort food!

7. Make-up - favourite make up look?
It can be hard to create a quintessentially autumn look that doesn’t involve a black flick and berry lips, but luckily that’s probably my favourite one. I also dig back out my trusty and much-loved Naked and Naked 3 palettes and use the browns and dusty rose/plum shades to create looks with the typical autumn shades.

8. What're you looking forward to most this Autumn?
Bus rides in the dark, early nights, evenings inside in front of the fire and eating my body weight in cottage pie!


I’d like to Tag Chloe Norton, Gemma Frudd, Katie Snooks and Andrea (RosyChicc)! Of course feel free to do it even if I haven’t tagged you, and be sure to leave your link below so I can have a read! 


SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig