Wednesday, October 15, 2014

☼ review: Alpha-H Skincare








This review is definitely long overdue, as I’ve had this skincare for over 3 months now and I’m still using it and liking it. When I ordered this I was suffering with really gross, annoying bacterial spots that were super sore and really big. I’d heard about Alpha-H from blogs I read and my good friend Mira from Australia who has her own blog now (link) and I decided I’d like to give it a try.

I’m definitely not the most strict when it comes to a skincare routine, which is something I really really want to fix. Recently I’ve just been falling into bed after a long evening shift at work and not bothering to wash off my makeup which results in really crappy rubbish looking skin. Therefore, the results in the pictures aren’t accurate to showing the results of a proper morning and night routine, but even so, you can definitely tell there’s a positive difference between the before and after images. My skin looks more luminous overall, and the amount and severity of my spots is much much less; and they don’t look scabby or dry, they look ‘ok’ (for spots, anyway).

The Balancing cleanser is what I always use first, and this is a really good creamy wash that really removes your makeup, almost as if the cream absorbs it because it turns an awful greyish/orange colour when you wash your face with it. It’s a wash that works well with greasy skin, because it doesn’t add any moisture but it doesn’t strip away the necessary oils on the face, so my skin is never left feeling dry or tight like some other washes have left me. The bottle is 200ml and has lasted me really well, I’ve still got about 1 month left in there and, while it was expensive, it’s a nice little product and it works well for removing my makeup and cleansing my face.

The Microcleanse has really set the standard for any exfoliators I might use in the future. It’s grains are super fine and really gritty, and they get everywhere and make for a really deep exfoliation. My skin always looks so glowing and fresh when I rinse this, and it genuinely scrubs off the top layer of dirt, dead skin and makeup revealing your clean skin underneath. I really do like it, though it tastes horrible! Don’t let this stuff anywhere near your mouth because if it gets in, you’ll be pulling some horrible faces!

Liquid Gold is praised so highly by bloggers and so I couldn’t resist adding it to my basket. It has a lot of positive reviews on targeting wrinkles and things, which I don’t need quite yet, but it also claims to be a skin resurfacer and can minimise spots which I’m in dire need of. BeautyBay says: “Alpha-H Liquid Gold is a powerful resurfacing and firming treatment for diminishing wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage. This multi action formula is enriched with silk proteins, licorice extract and Glycolic Acid. It works to jump start the skin’s metabolism, tightening enlarged pores and giving a brighter, clearer complexion. Compared to an 'overnight facial', Liquid Gold is perfect for brightening skin.” How could I have possibly resisted? I really love Liquid Gold; I apply it to a cotton pad after washing my face and swipe it all over. It does burn in places, especially on spots, and you can feel a faint tingling sensation as it absorbs, but your skin looks extremely bright and fresh in the morning.

The Clear Skin Daily Hydrator Gel has been the one I’ve sort of ignored, which is a shame as I’m sure it’s a good product with lots of benefits. I’m just such an oily-skinned girl that I never seem to feel the need to apply moisturiser after I’ve toned my skin or applied the Liquid Gold. On the occasions I have used this, I’ve found it to spread really well and smells gorgeous (eucalyptus fragrances get me every time). It doesn’t weigh my skin down or over-moisturise it, it’s just that I don’t tend to notice a difference whether I use it or not.

My two holy grail products from this range are definitely the Microcleanse and the Liquid Gold, and I’d consider repurchasing them. This is an expensive range but I can see proper results from my before and after pictures, and while I still suffer with big annoying spots, they’re never as angry or frequent as they used to be. I’d like to quickly mention the packaging; I love the minimalistic feel and the white and grey logo and text. They’re really pretty, modern looking bottles and look great in the bathroom. Overall I’m definitely pleased I tried this range out and I’m happy with the results they’ve had on my skin!





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This was awesome, I also ignore the hydrator gel to be honest it doesnt do much for me so it kind of just sits in my bathroom :/ Your skin has cleared up so much since using this its amazing!!!!! Also lol thanks for the shoutout boo xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig