Saturday, December 6, 2014

review: MAC Lipstick in Faux





All aboard the 90’s lip craze! I’m a sucker for a MAC purchase, and when I saw all these gorgeous pictures floating around Pinterest and Instagram of these sultry, sexy nude lips, I had to jump online and place an order for the beautiful MAC Faux lipstick.

Faux is a ‘muted mauve pink’, according to MAC, but on my pale winter skin it looks like a deeper brown-pink nude. For those of you paler ladies, this one is definitely a lipstick you should consider to achieve that Kylie Jenner lip!

It’s a satin finish, which I’m beginning to realise is my absolute favourite finish for a lipstick. It’s so creamy, so velvety and so highly pigmented. It’s almost nourishing, and feels silky and balmy on the lips. As most of you will know, MAC lipsticks are probably the best lipsticks on the market, and Faux is no exception.


I absolutely adore the way this looks on the lips; it’s a perfect deep nude that’s bang on trend with the Kylie Jenner 90’s lip. I usually pair it with a bronzey base and a subtle brown smoky eye for a pretty daytime look. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig