Wednesday, January 28, 2015

La Roche Posay Effaclar 3-Step Anti Blemish System





I am SO SO SO EXCITED to be reviewing this product. Some of you might know that this is a facial cleansing set I’ve been after for absolutely ages; it’s a cult favourite and I’m forever on the hunt for skincare that will help me calm my spottiness and oiliness. Before this, I’ve tried Alpha-H skincare (review here), which I liked, Skin Doctors (review here) which was alright at the time, but not my cup of tea any more, and a vast range of drugstore offerings. Finally, for Christmas, my fantastic father bought me this 3 Step Anti Blemish System by La Roche Posay.

My skin has always been an absolute oil slick, especially surrounding my nose, chin and forehead. I haven’t ever really had acne, but I do tend to get really big and sore spots that are really hard to cover and can be painful. I like to do my research, and so when I was digging on Twitter, I came across La Roche Posay, a French skincare brand which uses water from a commune in France and has a pH balance of 5.5. Their products are soap free, paraben free, and promise clearer skin! I was sold, and put the Effaclar 3 Step Anti Blemish System at the top of my Christmas list.

Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
Where do I begin with such a wonderful product? First things first; the cleanser is a clear, cool, thick gel that foams really easily using my hands. I only apply a tiny amount and lather it on my wet face with warm water. The gel is like no other product I’ve ever used to cleanse my skin with; I absolutely adore foaming cleansers over every other type, so this one is right up my street. This little baby feels so unbelievably velvety on my skin; completely soft, completely smooth and leaves my skin looking bright and refreshed.

Effaclar Clarifying Toner
This toner is, again, a wonder product and I’m enjoying using it as part of my skincare regime. After cleansing my skin using the gel, I swipe this over my skin using a cotton pad. The same goes for this toner; it’s velvety soft, smooth and doesn’t sting or make my skin feel tight. I wouldn’t say it noticeably reduced my pores because I don’t tend to have an issue with enlarged pores, but I do feel it cooling the skin and reinforcing the magical powers of the gel wash.

Effaclar Duo [+] Anti-Blemish Cream
This little tube of goodness is probably the star of this wonderful show! This is the third step of the regime, and I apply a small amount over my face with my fingers. The website claims that it reduces “the appearance of blemishes and unclog pores. It also helps to reduce the appearance of red and brown marks. Proven efficacy on the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin, which include:- Blemishes- Clogged pores- Excess sebum- Uneven skin texture- Red and brown marks.” I have definitely noticed a reduction in the marks left on my skin from my huge, stubborn spots, and I have noticed my skin feeling matte and consistently clean throughout the day.

There’s so many things I adore about this range; the affordability and ease of access (you can pick it up at any big Boots store for £32), the proper results which you can see, the fact that it doesn’t take months to work, the way it makes my skin feel and how it maintains my clear complexion even when I returned to wearing makeup after a little makeup detox!
Over the short amount of time since Christmas, my skin has cleared up incredibly well, and I can’t believe that this product set is so effective and gentle at the same time. It’s tailored for sensitive skin, which I don’t have, but it’s gorgeous to have a product that’s so calming and soothing whilst also deeply cleansing the skin to reduce not only spots, but the appearance of marks and oils on the skin. I’m absolutely in love!


Usually, when I try a new product, I sort of still look forward to trying out a different one after I run out of the current product. This time, though, I’m putting this firmly on my repurchase list. I don’t feel like I need to look any further for my dream skincare! This is a fabulous set that has transformed my skin and given me so much confidence. I find myself going to work make-up free because my complexion is looking so good. It’s not very often you come across a wonder product, but I’m so pleased I have!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've got a skincare voucher so I may have to pick some up with it!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this and I wanted to try it out! I heard amazing reviews and people swore by this, but I'm currently seeing a dermatologist so I'll have to put off buying it. Looking forward to hearing updates!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig