Sunday, February 15, 2015

MakeUp Store Haul




Make Up Store is a brand I first heard about through one of my favourite YouTubers Lauren Curtis. I immediately fell in love with the brand, but couldn’t visit the store as it is in London, and couldn’t place and order as they don’t yet have an online store. I recently discovered that BeautyBay stocks a selection of Make Up Store products, so naturally I placed a huge order for a massive haul! 

Make Up Store Liquid Foundation in Vanilla £24 (Link)
Unfortunately I had to make a complete guess as to what shade I was in this foundation, and I’m gutted to say I got it quite wrong! I chose vanilla, as I’m vanilla in most other brands, but this foundation is just a shade or two too dark for my skin. I think I’ll be able to get away with it in summer, though, so there is hope yet! It’s a glorious consistency, with a fantastic coverage after you build it up, but it does take some blending out. This foundation is going to be perfect for nights out (where you can usually get away with heavy makeup in dim lighting) and special occasions where I need real staying power!

Make Up Store Blush in Passion £15 (Link)
This blusher is a gorgeous colour, and when I ordered it it was a toss-up between this one or a peach one, but I’m really glad I chose this one. It’s a musky sort of pale rose colour which goes really well with my Laguna bronzer. The powder is fine and really easy to blend, and gives me such a natural looking pretty flush of colour. 

Make Up Store Microshadow in Velvet and Sophisticated £13 (Link)
Velvet is the slightly shimmering slatey brown with such delicately fine glitter which blends beautifully. I’ve used this a couple of times now, and it’s been perfect for nights out. It’s a really gorgeous shade and a little bit glamorous. Sophisticated is a really wearable every day shade; a beautiful taupe which I’ve been blending into my crease and finishing off with a winged liner for an every day glam look. 

Make Up Store Multi Lash Mascara £13 (Link)
I’m so glad I got this mascara! I’d been well overdue a new one, and my last few have been drugstore products, so I felt like I wanted to splurge a bit on a more luxurious, higher end mascara. This one’s absolutely brilliant; lengthening, volumising and doesn’t make your lashes clumpy or stubby looking. The formula itself is a bit on the gloopy side, so a careful hand is needed or you’re in for a nightmare trying to wipe off the long lasting ebony black formula! I’m truly sold on this one, though, and I wear this every day for my daily go-to makeup!

Make Up Store Butterfly Bronzing Powder £0.00 Free Gift!
This bronzer was a free gift with the purchase as my order totalled over £50. I haven’t actually tried it yet apart from this swatch, because it does look a little bit shimmery and free-with-a-magazine-y. I tend to gravitate toward matte bronzing shades like Illamasqua Heliopolis, rather than quite shimmery alternatives. However, I think that this bronzer will get a lot of use over summer, where I can dust it over my face for a shimmering goddess glow!

Make Up Store Lipstick in Redwood £12.50 (Link)
The best product of the lot by far! This lipstick is beyond gorgeous, and I didn’t know when I ordered it what I was expecting. It’s a pale, pinky creamy nude shade which goes on sheer but can be built up. It’s quite a natural every day lipstick, and not too attention grabbing so it draws away from the eyes. For £12.50, it’s the cheapest and the best item I bought. Be warned, though, it’s not a good pairing with chapped lips, so keep a lip balm handy if you’re going to use this. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig