Friday, November 27, 2015

Autumn Walk With The Deer




A couple of weekends ago, Chris came to visit me in Bristol. We’re still figuring out exactly what is cool to do around my new city, so we decided to go on a sunset autumn walk around some of the grounds by my university.
I’ve spotted deer in the field and, being an animal and nature lover, couldn’t wait to show Chris. We found out once you get there that you can actually walk along a footpath which goes straight through the field, and the deer are walking and trotting around you! It’s magical! There were a couple of huge ones with the most magnificent antlers (and truth be told I got a little scared) but they’re such docile creatures; so graceful and peaceful!
 
The walk took us about an hour, and by the end of it it was almost pitch black. We caught the bus back into the city centre where I’m living and cooked cottage pie and had a couple of Kronenbourgs. Then we watched The Grey (a film about wolves killing a group of guys one by one) and I felt really rather glad I didn’t let Chris drag me through the woods!
 
My red velvet dress is from Boohoo, and the perfect autumn staple for this colder weather. Velvet is super warm and cosy, and the burgundy hue reminds me of fallen leaves and mulled wine. I originally bought this last year for Christmas, but I think you’ll be able to find similar ones this autumn/winter! I paired it with thigh high socks and Doc Marten boots, then wore an oversized leather jacket over the top. I wish I’d got Chris to take more pictures but we were both so mesmerised by the deer I think we forgot!
 
What are your favourite autumn activities? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love
Jasmine x
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig