Saturday, November 14, 2015

Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask



 
As a student, I’m deprived in the bath department recently. Without an actual bath tub, I can’t treat myself to my much loved Lush bath bombs or bubble bars. However, it would take a nuclear apocalypse to stop me from spending my extra pennies in there, and I have found items I can use to make myself feel luxuriously pampered even in my teeny weeny box bathroom. One of my favourite Lush products are the fresh face masks. I adore the concept; the little tubs, the fact they’re cruelty free and made with all sorts of interesting natural ingredients. I’ve tried the Cupcake fresh face mask before, and you can read the review here (Link), but my latest addition to my skincare routine is the BB Seaweed mask.

The BB Seaweed fresh face mask is a universal product, and seems to match a lot of people’s skin. The main ingredient is seaweed (duh) but it also includes 21 other natural ingredients and perfumes like “ground almonds, rose absolute and aloe vera to soothe and soften the skin. We also use rosemary oil for its regenerative qualities, kaolin to remove any excess dirt or oil, and millet flakes to gently exfoliate away dead skin as you scrub it off.” – Lush Cosmetics website (Link). Retailing for £6.75, it’s not a bad investment for a vegan, cruelty free face mask!

I absolutely adored Cupcake, purely because it seemed so well suited to my oily/combination sensitive skin. In comparison, BB Seaweed seems like a lot more of a ‘general’ face mask and would suit many people’s skin needs. For me, I’ve loved it through the cooler months because of it’s moisturizing and calming properties. My skin gets quite dry, red and can feel sore when I’ve been out in the cold for ages so I’ve really felt the benefits of the rose absolute and aloe vera soothing my skin. I do like quite a strong exfoliate though, and even though there are ground almonds in there, it doesn’t seem to do the job as well as I’d personally like it doing. I’d say this was a great mask for those who don’t need such an exfoliating product!

The only other thing I can think of is that it’s a fresh mask; you keep it in the fridge and it’ll go off after about 2-3 weeks. I didn’t manage to get through mine quick enough and ended up wasting a quarter of a tub (sad face!). Even so, this doesn’t change my love for the face masks and I’m always on the hunt for new products to try in my skincare routine. I don’t think I’ll repurchase BB Seaweed, but it’s a great first face mask from Lush if you’ve not tried any before. From there, you can work out which ingredients compliment your skin and find one which matches it perfectly. I’m definitely glad I tried it out, and, like I said, it’s been a wonderfully conditioning treatment for my skin this autumn.

Which is your favourite face mask from Lush? Did you like BB Seaweed? Let me know in the comments! 

Lots of love,
Jasmine
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I LOVE LUSH so much! I definitely need to pick this up the next time I go- it sounds amazing! Lovely review x

    monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig