Friday, November 20, 2015

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation



This is a well overdue review on maybe my favourite new addition to my makeup collection this year! When my mum visited me from Australia in August this year, she took me shopping in Covent Garden and let me loose in the MAC store (10/10 mum!) I decided on a few products, but my absolute favourite of the bunch was MAC’s Studio Sculpt Foundation. Having been previously put off MAC’s foundations after realising Studio Fix was making me look slightly wax-figureish, I really wanted to give it another go. MAC foundations are so well loved and always seem to look amazing on other bloggers, so I picked up Studio Sculpt, which has received a load of really positive reviews lately.

At £25.50, it’s quite a standard price for MAC’s foundations and face products. Described by MAC on the website as a “creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish” (Link), it is basically my ideal, dream foundation! My preference is to have a natural looking skin texture, with some of my freckles still showing, but with all my annoying redness covered. This foundation goes above and beyond; smoothing out, neutralising redness and dark circles but leaving my skin looking like my actual skin. I’ve barely used a concealer since discovering this foundation, just because I’m left looking so flawless that it’s not really a necessity.

I buff my foundation in the shade NC20 in with a Real Techniques or Sigma buffing brush and build it to a medium coverage. It feels weightless and comfortable on my face and a hardly even know I’m wearing it. Setting it with a loose translucent powder or a powder with extra coverage (depending on the occasion), it stays looking incredibly natural and effortless all day. Just be aware of the SPF 25 in there; if you’re going out and flash photography is occurring, you might look a little pale in the photos!

All in all, it’s been my new favourite foundation this year, and I’ve reached for it every day since I got it. It’s definitely re-ignited my love for MAC’s foundations and it just goes to show you need to try a few before you purchase a huge bottle of something. This foundation was featured in my Stay All Day Complexion Perfection blog post recently which you can read (Link) where I sing its praises even more!

 
Have you tried this foundation? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,
Jasmine

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig