Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Vampire Lips Edit

 



 
With Autumn/Winter well underway, it’s time to embrace one of my favourite makeup trends ever; vampire lips. I’ve always been a huge fan of that pale, flawless skin with a burst of deep berry hue on the lips. It’s sexy, glamorous and can make you feel infinitely confident. The cooler days make this look so moody and dark. I could ramble on forever about how much I love it, but lets just get straight into my ultimate favourite vampire lip shades.

Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick in 01 | £.5.49 | Superdrug
This beautiful shade sits right on the border between red-carpet and full blown vamp red. It’s quite a vibrant red, but deep and rich. It looks incredible against a whitish base, and provided you don’t get any on your teeth (been there, done that) looks instantly glam and sophisticated. It’s a creamy lipstick, and sits on the lips really nicely. I notice that it does need a few applications to last throughout the day, but touch up keep you looking poised and like you’re not one to be messed with.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Plum Proper | £6.49 | Boots
Actually my favourite plum toned lipstick, ever. I’ve owned this for years and years, but only found the courage to start using it last winter. I had no idea how beautiful it was. It’s a deep, dark plum colour which you can build to create a thick, cool, berry toned shade. I get so many compliments on this when I’m out and about. It’s quite a daring colour to begin with if darker shades aren’t in your repertoire, but with a bit of practice you soon find that you feel glamorous and confident and truly vampiric with your plum toned lips.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella | £19 | House Of Fraser
There are no words in the English language to describe my love for NARS’s Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, but they must be created by wizards to have the pigmentation and staying power that they do. They’re so easy to control and stay put literally all day or night. Cruella is a deep, cool red. Again, it looks fab when I apply a really flawless base, and I adore the way it contrasts with my pale winter skin. It’s so striking a shade, and looks like suede on the lips. This shade is a massive love of mine, and one of my most used vampy shades for winter.

Sleek Matte Lipstick in Dare | £4.99 | Boots
Sleek creates some of the most truly matte lipsticks I’ve ever tried. Lots of ‘mattes’ fall short of my expectations and still seem to have a bit of a sheen, but this is not the case with Sleek’s offerings. Dare is an ‘I don’t mess about’ bold berry-red lipstick that screams glamour and blood-sucking beauty. I’d also love to try Mulberry from this range; another dark, matte shade but this time in a brilliant black-purple; perfect for the vamp lip look.

MUA Lipstick in Raven | £1 | Superdrug
This one’s a bit of a wild card. With my preferred ‘style’ being grunge, I adore the colour black and was eager to experiment with a black lipstick having seen some YouTubers and Bloggers rocking a true black lip. It’s definitely not one for the faint of heart, and I’m still yet to find a look it really works with. The first time I tried it on, I just ended up looking ill to be honest. I’m determined I can make it work, and what an incredibly unusual and captivating lip look it would be for a dressed-up night out! For only a pound, it’s a really cool shade to have in my collection and one I can’t wait to experiment more with.

What did you think of my vampire lip picks? Which are your favourite vampire shades? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,
Jasmine

 
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig