Saturday, May 14, 2016

YOGA BOMB | LUSH COSMETICS





With travelling home more and more often lately (back to civilisation and an ACTUAL BATH TUB), I’ve been seriously eyeing up what my local Lush store has to offer. I walk past the store roughly fifteen thousand times a day, and the smell…the colours…the shapes!! I digress; what I’m trying to get across here is that I NEED LUSH IN MY LIFE, and now I’m venturing back to my Dad’s down in Devon a whole lot more, I’m able to treat myself to much-required pamper days. Cue Yoga Bomb!

I was having a particularly heinous period a couple of weeks ago, and with zero fucks left to give, I strode straight into the Lush store and asked the assistant for the best thing to stop me wanting to hurl myself off a bridge. She recommended Yoga Bomb. Lush says: “Sandalwood oil creates a sanctuary of calm in your bath. When you plunge this meditative fizzer into the water, slow mesmerising shades of oranges, purples and turquoise will unfurl. At the same time deeply relaxing olibanum and ho wood release, fragrancing your body and surroundings.” Truth be told, it was love at first sniff. Relaxation, meditation and calmness were exactly what the doctor ordered, and I was on my merry way down to wreak havoc in Dad’s bathroom.

At first glance, some might overlook Yoga Bomb because it’s plain orange and not obviously glittery or whatever. I’m seriously glad I tried it though. It fizzed away really slowly (slower than other bombs, I’m pretty sure) and the smell of slightly citrusy steam and sandalwood filled the bathroom. The colours are really magnificent; beneath the orange lies purple and blue swirls of loveliness. It might not be the glitteriest bath bomb Lush stock, but it’s still certainly like bathing in a galaxy, and it’s much easier to clean up afterwards! The water was seriously silky feeling, too. The oils in this bomb really made my skin feel fab like a smooth and sexy seal pup. I’d say that this bath bomb was ideal for soothing my period pains and relaxing my muscles. The smell was beautiful, and I could still catch whiffs of sandalwood and citrus on my skin the next day. This bomb is the bomb (geddit?) for those of us who need some time out, so I’d recommend it wholeheartedly.

Lots of love,

Jasmine x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. 'The oils in this bomb really made my skin feel fab like a smooth and sexy seal pup' Quite possibly my most favourite description of anything, ever! Haha.. I have yet to try Yoga Bomb but I've heard good things about it. Next on my list?

    Kirsty - Life in Excess

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig