Sunday, July 31, 2016

BENEFIT HELLO FLAWLESS | BEFORE & AFTER




I’m much more likely to get excited over a new face product rather than any other kind of beauty product. I get so excited over powders, concealers and blushes, and practically wee myself at the arrival of a new foundation. I’ve certainly found a new favourite in Benefit Cosmetics’ Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation. I have adored it for a good couple of weeks now, so here are my musings on this wonder-product.

For starters, helloooo pretty packaging. Hello cutesy, whimsical, impossible-to-remember name. Hello higher-end price tag. I absolutely adore heading up to the Benefit counter because their products are all so colourful and interesting and unusual. That’s why I love this foundation; it’s unusual to be able to find such a brightening, illuminating foundation that really flatters you. I have always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with dewy finishes. I love how they look on people, but they look shockingly greasy and sweaty on me. Despite this foundation not claiming to be a dewy foundation, it’s certainly really revitalising and enhances my skin.

This foundation doesn’t behave like some of the others I use; it doesn’t mask or try to erase my flaws, it just sort of blurs them away with a photoshoppy sort of feel. I don’t like the very mask-like foundations (MAC Studio Fix, I’m looking at you), so this one is ticking all the boxes by letting me blend away my redness and dark circles, but allowing me to keep my freckles and keep my skin looking like actual skin.

The above pictures are with JUST one pump of Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW buffed in with my Real Techniques expert face brush. This is definitely a foundation that works incredibly well with a buffing brush, as it blends effortlessly and naturally. Despite the slightly eye-watering price tag, this is such an important investment for your summer makeup bag. I’m in love with the way my skin looks using this foundation. Dammit, Benefit, you just keep drawing me back in with your incredibly lovely lotions and potions!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am so happy you posted this! I have freckles, and I love them but so many foundations end up hiding them. I've been looking for a lighter coverage foundation and I think I will try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig