Saturday, September 10, 2016

ORIGINS SKINCARE HAUL





This is a really exciting one for me! It’s been aaaages since I splashed the cash on some luxury skincare. I’m usually perfectly content with my La Roche Posay that I can pick up from Boots, and every now and again I’ll reach for a Body Shop face mask. But THESE! These little bottles of joy are what every beauty blogger dreams about when they fall asleep at night. Origins skincare has been screaming my name for a little while now, and after all the merriments of Reading Festival (and the horrific cold that followed), my skin definitely deserved  bit of a treat.

These masks are £23 each from most retailers. Mine were fervently grabbed from the Debenhams in Exeter city centre, and lovingly whisked home for some serious TLC time. Origins have a good range of masks depending on what your skin’s needs are. Personally, I need something that’ll gently draw out oil and impurities, exfoliate, balance the skintone and somehow shoo off blackheads and spots. I decided on the Clear Improvement Pore Clearing mask and the Original Skin Retexturising mask, which both have certain lovely qualities that sounded perfect for me.

The Clear Improvement Pore Clearing mask is much loved and practically worshipped by my fellow bloggers. Debenhams says that “activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental pollutants, Lecithin dissolves impurities.” It goes on black, which I completely love simply because black is my favourite colour. Finally, a face mask to match my wardrobe!

The Original Skin Retexturising mask is described as an “innovative 2-in-1mask! Made with Mediterranean Rose Clay, Canadian Willow Herb and exfoliating Jojoba beads, it helps gently deep clean while refining skin's texture. Pores appear to vanish. Clarity is restored. Glow is instant.” I adore the baby pink colour of this mask. On top of that, I almost dropped down dead when I realised it doubles as an exfoliator and claims to leave your skin glowing. I need glow. I need so much glow.

Overall, I’d give myself a massive pat on the back for spending £46 *ignore my muffled sobbing sounds* on two face masks. OKAY, maybe it’s not the wisest investment given I’m moving to London in a matter of days, but I do love a good face mask. I can just promise myself I won’t buy any more until these ones are finished. (Lol, good joke)

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig