Wednesday, September 21, 2016

SLEEK MATTE ME SWATCHES





Sleek is a brand that is yet to disappoint me. I’ve got a small collection growing; their matte lipsticks and their contour kits are all fantastic. I stumbled across their Matte Me range when I was on the hunt for Kylie Lip Kit dupes, and fell immediately in love with the shade Birthday Suit. Then, because I have zero self restraint and I hate myself, I impulsively grabbed Old Hollywood too.

Sleek Matte Me Lipstick in Birthday Suit
This is an almost perfect nude for my skintone. It might be the teeeensiest bit pink when it first goes on which makes me panic, but it dries to a slightly deeper nude and looks lovely. The formula of these matte liquid lipsticks are their real selling-point, though. They’re velvety and dry like concrete; they’re not budging for ANYONE or ANYTHING.

Sleek Matte Me Lipstick in Old Hollywood
Old Hollywood is a beautiful, vampy, bloody red that I just adore. I wore this for my boyfriend’s birthday meal and it tackled the soup starter, sticky toffee pudding and seven gallons of wine with ease. I love the doe foot applicator as well, and even though it’s to be expected from liquid lippies, there’s something very smooth and easy about these ones.

For just £5.50, you can’t get much better value for your dosh in the liquid lipstick department. Sleek’s a drugstore brand that seems to be punching well above it’s weight; the products they continue to bring out impress me more and more as time goes on. There’s a fair few shades in their Matte Me range that are seriously tickling my fancy, so I might be popping into a Boots nearby very shortly!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig