Thursday, November 24, 2016

THE WINTER LIPSTICK EDIT





Winter is without a doubt my favourite time of year, and with it come all sorts of new makeup rules, colours and products to try out. My skin gets a whole lot paler during these chilly months, so I can really embrace deeper lip tones. I used to adore the whole berry-lip trend, but now my favourite deep lip tones are muted and grey-ish based. They’re all still perfect for winter, and I absolutely love the fact that I’ve got these all on permanent rotation now.

Nyx Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Embellishment | £6.50
This was the first brand I tried when the whole liquid lipstick thing exploded in all of our faces. I was drawn to the shades because they’re all muted nudey greys and browns, and they’re all so pretty. Embellishment is a mauvey nude, that dries perfectly matte and looks really pretty and understated. It’s a great every-day winter nude lip, with a slight wintery tone to it.

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Boss Lady | £11.50
Gerard Cosmetics have swooped into my life and practically shat all over my MAC collection. I feel a bit disloyal but, seriously, the formula and shades that these Hydra Mattes come in are mind blowing. Boss Lady is a deep brown red. It’s super vampy and is so comfortable all day on the lips. I’ve only worn this a couple of times, but it’s a perfect evening colour.

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Iced Mocha | £11.50
Iced Mocha has become my favourite lipstick recently. It’s booted MAC’s Velvet Teddy off the top spot, and it’s my new Holy Grail. It’s a beautiful deep greige. I feel that it is sophisticated, quite a mature lip colour for me, but still 100% grungey and suits my personality down to the ground.

MAC Lipstick in Paramount | £15.50
My little sister (she’s not really little, she’s twenty next week) bought this for me for my birthday. My birthday is in Spring, so I’ve not worn this deep brick red shade that much yet. I’ve tried it on a few times, and the shade is so beautiful. I’d describe it as a 90s twist on the classic red. The brick tones make it just that little bit different, and it’s a winter winner for me!

MAC Lipstick in Stone | £15.50
I HATED this lipstick when I first bought it! Then after a few months, I realised that it actually really was lovely, and I’d just not worked out how to balance the true grey tones of it properly. Now I love it, and I’ve been obsessed with it over Autumn. Again, it’s not a typical shade you might think of when choosing a winter lipstick. It’s a little bit different, but so flattering. It’ll match the grey skies and the cloudy weather, if nothing else!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Loving those lipsticks and the colours that are, indeed, really perfect for winter season ! I also love the fact that they are quite affordable ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig