Friday, January 13, 2017

MY LEG TATTOOS (SO FAR)


For those of you who follow me on Instagram, this probably won’t come as a shock to you. I’ve started having my legs tattooed and hopefully, within a couple of years, my legs will be mostly covered in pretty bits of artwork! I’ve always been fascinated by tattoos, and always knew I wanted them. I’ve done a couple of tattoo-based YouTube videos in the past, and they’ve been really popular, so I thought I’d bring some tattoo lovin’ over to my blog to share with you guys too!

So far, I’ve only got two. (Unless you count the hilarious crap-ly done half moon matching tattoo Chris and I got 2 months into our relationship like a couple of idiots, then it’s three leg tattoos).  The first one was the handshake. I take the piss a bit, and say I got it because of Brexit, but that’s not strictly true. I do love hands in artwork, and I’ve got another tattoo on my arm of a hand holding some flowers. I’ll have to put myself on a hand-tattoo band, though, or I’m gonna look a bit weird.

The second one, and the most recent, is my beautiful teapot with blue flowers. I got this one to honour my mum, who is always either boiling the kettle or swigging some tea. She also reluctantly paid for it. Well, she sent me Christmas money with instructions not to use it for a tattoo, and, well…you get the gist. It’s still healing so it may look a tad crusty in the picture, but fear not, I’m slathering myself in Bepanthen and leaving a slimy trail wherever I go.

My artist is in Bromley, which is on the outskirts of south-east London. His name is Luke Ashley and he’s seriously good. His favourite style to do is traditional, and I really love the fact that his traditional style is slightly more girly and feminine, and not all evil looking and harsh. His instagram (@LukeAAshley) is an absolute goldmine for amazing pieces of artwork, and I’m constantly inspired for more tattoos. My next few pieces (I’m hoping) are going to be a traditional panther, a unicorn (for my sister) and a rose on each knee!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig