Saturday, January 21, 2017

STILA STAY ALL DAY LIQUID LIPSTICK SWATCHES + REVIEW



Good old Mummy McRae hit it out of the park at Christmas with these beeeautiful Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. I’m massively into liquid lipsticks now, so much so that I’ve been neglecting my MAC lipsticks in favour of my ever-growing liquid lipstick collection. I was lucky enough to unwrap not one, but TWO Stila gift sets on Jesus’s birthday. The first was the Backstage Beauty Icons Gift set from Mecca Cosmetica, which includes a mascara, an eyeliner, a cheek and lip tint and one liquid lipstick. The second was the Bright & Bold Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set, containing three liquid lipsticks, also from Mecca Cosmetica. Please come to the UK Mecca!

The liquid lipsticks I received were Dolce (from the Backstage set) and Beso, Viola and Lume (from the Bright & Bold set). They all smell great; a lil bit vanilla-y and not all gluey like some liquid lipsticks I have. The tubes are really quite petite, and I’m not totally sure whether that’s just the size Stila does their liquid lipsticks in, or whether I’ve got travel-size mini ones because they were part of a gift set. Who knows? We will live in mystery!

Beso is the truest, brightest, most vibrant red I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s almost neon in person, so I was reeeally happy to see this shade. I am definitely partial to a bright red, but I’ve only got a couple that I really like. I think this one is quite a showstopper, so I look forward to trying it out and seeing how it looks. I’ve got a feeling that because it’s so true and vivid, it’ll compliment my pale winter skin and look BOMB, but we shall have to wait for an occasion that calls for such a red, and see.

Viola is described as a ‘cool lavender’ by Stila, but as you can probably see by the pictures, it’s still very loud and bright. I have been getting well into my purple toned lipsticks, and this one will make a nice addition to my muted, neutral collection of purples. I’m almost scared of this shade! I know from experience that purple lipsticks make your teeth look yellow, so I’m going to have to crack out the Listerine and Colgate before wearing this one out. I do love the colour, though. It’s definitely quite summery, and again, a total showstopper!

Lume is hard to give an accurate description of, as I genuinely could not for the life of me open the tube. I was flailing around the kitchen with teatowels, rubber gloves and talcum powder trying to wrench it open, to no avail. When Chris got home, he couldn’t open it either, so for now, I’m going to have to look at it longingly through the glass and imagine what could have been. It’s a ‘deep fuchsia’, according to Stila. It’s also one of their limited edition shades, so that would be exciting IF I COULD OPEN IT. I love the look of the colour, though. It’s not something I’d choose myself at first, but I can see myself wearing it for evenings out, dinners or parties. IF I COULD GET THE TUBE OPEN THAT WOULD BE GR8.

Dolce was immediately my favourite when I saw it, but then again, I am a creature of habit. And I have a serious nude habit. It’s a beautiful, clean, peachy nude that looks like it’s going to get a lot of wear out of me. I can’t seem to find many lip swatches on Google that look accurate, so this will be one that I’m going into blindly. It’s the classic everyday nude. It’s absolutely stunning and I can’t wait to wear it!

Have you tried any of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks? Let me know what your thoughts were!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig