Saturday, June 10, 2017

MAC AMBER X 9 PALETTE | REVIEW + SWATCHES


I’ve been meaning to write this review for bloody months. Like, about 6 months. I’ve been putting it off because I’ve been trying to give this palette more of a chance. I absolutely LOVE MAC Cosmetics; I own a million (actual figure) of their lipsticks, their concealers are a dream, and their blushes bring me more happiness than my first born child ever could. So, I’ve been really wanting to like this palette more than I have been. It was my first MAC eyeshadow palette, and I splurged £25 on the little bugger. And I honestly have barely touched it.

I’ll start off with the positives, because there really are plenty of them. You get nine shades of beautiful amber, copper, taupe and beige hues. MAC eyeshadows cost £13.50 each, usually, so you’re getting a great deal for just £25 for all nine shadoes. The compact is smaller than I expected, but it’s very sturdy, sleek, and fits into my makeup bag much better than my  h u u u g e  Urban Decay palettes. The quality of the shadows are good; they apply evenly; not a patch in sight.


Also, it might seem a little irrelevent, but the shade names bring me great happiness. There’s something really important to me about names of shades in palettes; they’re so much more appealing. That might be me being strange, but it’s a big big part of marketing a product to me.


Now for the negatives. These eyeshadows seem very…well…sheer. They’re quite thin. They seem to lack pigmentation which is really disappointing from makeup giant MAC. Finger swatches, like the ones shown above, are supposed to be the most pigmented and opaque swatches you can do. But these swatches still look quite lack-lustre. I’ve used the palette on just a few occassions, and the shades ARE buildable. But why woud I spend more time building the colours when I can just whip out my super-pigmented UD Naked Palette and get out the door quicker?

It’s a bit of a shame because I really am in love with the colours included in this palette. I can see why MAC eyeshadows have such a cult following. My favourite shades are Cozy Grey, Kitties, Aromatic and Pepper Please. This is definitely a palette I’d like to experiment more with, and I’ll have to dig it out and give it more of a chance. The shades are stunning, I just wish they were more pigmented when applied!

What are your tips on making eyeshadows appear more pigmented? Are there any wonder-products I should try that will help?

Lots of love,
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Such a shame these shadows aren't as pigmented as normal Mac shadows.. but at least you can build them up and they aren't patchy :) there's nothing worse than a patchy shadow!

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig