Thursday, August 31, 2017

HAIR TRANSFORMATION @ PINK SAYS


I originally intended to VLOG this new ‘do, but technical difficulties involving a pesky camera charger, combined with a gnarly hangover means that a blog post will have to do! I got a few good pictures, and jotted down a load of information from my lovely hairdresser Katy, so I hope you find this post useful!



So, some background! I’ve been getting my hair done by Katy for the last three years because she’s the only girl I’ve found who shares my love of pastel colours, and always tries her best to give me the results I want. I’ve been told ‘NO’ by so many colourists in the past when I’ve said “give me white hair!”, so it’s great to be able to find someone who really want to get it right for me, without ruining my hair either. Only issue is: I’ve since moved to London, meaning that Pink Says in Teignmouth (my hometown) is a good 5 hour journey away. FFS. So, I made the trip to Devon last week so I could finally get my hideous roots sorted out. I fancied something unicorny, yet grungy and girly. 



Katy used REF Vegan Bleach 6% with 20 vol developer and OLAPLEX to prevent damage, make the colour last longer and make my hair appear shinier and softer. 


After rinsing that off, my roots were bright white and then melted into a slightly brassier yellow where my misguided box dyes and accidental at-home-bleach-sessions have made my hair a bit fucked up. Katy recommended that I use the Milkshake Silver Shine range, which has lilac tones that neutralise brassiness over time. There’s a shampoo, conditioner and a mousse that all build up together for a beautiful icy blonde.





Then we slapped the toner on, which was a concoction of a few different shades and I completely forgot to ask. It appeared bluey-greyish-lilac when applied to my hair, and we let that work for about half an hour. When we rinsed that off, we realised that some of the yellower parts of my hair hadn’t quite taken the toner due to the banding of my hair. So Katy decided that some pink was in order, and she painted a mixture of Crazy Colour Cyclamen, Marshmallow and Lilac on the lengths. 



This did the trick! So I was rinsed off again, trimmed and blow dried. I asked for unicorn-waves, and this is what I ended up with! I’m honestly so pleased and so grateful to FINALLY have had my hair sorted out. I literally can’t believe the flippin state I was walking around with attached to my head. Luckily, my hair behaved itself and now it looks the most beautiful I think I've ever seen it! 


The pinker tones will fade out over the next few weeks, leaving me with a steely lavender blonde. I’m so so SO PLEASED and if any of you lovely lot are from the South-West, then I would completely and utterly recommend paying Pink Says a visit because I absolutely swear by their salon. 

Lots of love,
Jasmine
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Your hair looks lush! I've been back silvery/white for a few months now but the itch to go pastel again is growing greater by the day.

    jess xx
    alrightblondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks gorgeous, I've always wanted to dye my hair a cool colour.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig