Tuesday, October 24, 2017

BRUNCH @ GIRAFFE + OOTD


I’m furiously typing this out now before I forget how lush this breakfast was. And more excitingly, me and Chris did a couple-y thing! We actually left the house for recreational purposes rather than work, uni or a dreaded food shop. Chris was dying from a hangover this morning, which meant I managed to persuade him that brunch at Giraffe was a fabulous idea. I also managed to persuade him to take a few pictures of my outfit for me, so here’s an unusual (for my blog) lil #OOTD / brunch review!


My outfit consists mainly of the amazing jumpsuit I bought from Urban Outfitters a few days ago. It’s called the Silence + Noise Molly Cupro Culottes Jumpsuit, and it set me back a wince-worthy £46, but I’m a little bit obsessed with it. I chucked my new Adidas Originals Gazelle shoes in black with them (because my only other option was heels and I am not about to be staggering around in heels with this unfortunate head injury I acquired last week). Then I wore my Boohoo Faux Leather Biker Jacket which has been discontinued since last year, but a quick scan on their website shows me that they’ve got countless similar jackets. I’ve only just started wearing it because I dug it out from a heap in the bottom of my wardrobe, and it’s probably my favourite jacket at the minute, especially cos the weather is at that weird cold/warm/dunno temperature.



Giraffe has a brunch menu that I can only describe as BUFF. I don’t tend to go for the traditional brunch options - poached eggs are a firm no from me, and an overload of avocado is enough to send me running for the loos. So I chose Huevos Rancheros which are essentially breakfast of the gods. It’s sorta like this low calorie pizza I made last year (link) and it tastes amaaaazing. It’s a Mexican breakfasty-brunchy food composed of black beans, red onions, chorizo, tomatoes, sweetcorn, cheese and a huge pile of creamy scrambled eggs, and it was sprinkled with spring onion (and avocado which I generously donated to my hungover other-half). I ordered a Sunshine Coast Iced Tea, a blend of chamomile and green tea, with mango, lime and fresh mint, to wash it down. Chris opted for the Smoky Bacon Naan and a Mango Mama smoothie which he neglected to let me photograph because it was already in his face by the time I organised the camera. 

We had a lovely morning, it perked the boyf right up, and we grabbed a Costa on the way home. We’re both feeling a little fragile, so now we’re watching Come Dine With Me on the sofa. Such are Sundays!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig