Tuesday, March 13, 2018

SALMON + BROCCOLI PENNE IN SKINNY TOMATO SAUCE


It’s that time of year again…the beautiful “oooOOOMFGSUMMERISAROUNDTHECORNERANDIFEELDISGUSTINGANDBLOATED” feeling has really got me these last couple of weeks. Chris and I have a fat old summer trip planned (blog post to come!) and I’m conscious of the short time we have to get sexy before we leave. 

I performed the annual, heartbreaking ceremony of trying on last summer’s shorts last week. And let me tell you, the sight of me jumping around my bedroom trying to squeeze into them was UNATTRACTIVE. This led to me performing the annual and equally heartbreaking ceremony of furiously googling low-fat-low-calorie-low-satisfaction recipes. I found a couple of good ones, but I ended up sort of creating my own recipe that tastes really good and seems to be hella healthy.


Serves 4 (I’m putting half in the fridge for lunch or dinner tomorrow!)

You’ll need:
2 Salmon fillets
1 Onion, diced
100g(ish) Frozen peas
150g Broccoli florets
400g Can of chopped tomatoes
1.5tbsp Tomato puree
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
A few cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
400g Penne pasta (or whatever pasta shape floats your carby little boat)


You gotta:
Preheat the oven to 180C on fan, and bake the salmon fillets in foil for 20 minutes

Fry the diced onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic in a little olive oil until soft
Add the can of tomatoes and the tomato puree, bring to the boil, then lower the heat to simmer and let the sauce thicken

Meanwhile, boil the pasta in a big saucepan according to the packet’s instructions
Steam the broccoli florets over the top of the pasta for the last 6 minutes of cooking time, and add the frozen peas 3 minutes before the pasta is done



When the salmon is cooked, take it out of the oven and flake it with a fork
Drain the pasta, then add it back to the saucepan
Top the pasta with the steamed broccoli and peas, flaked salmon and the sauce mixture
Stir all the ingredients together over a low heat until it’s all combined, and serve!

If you don’t think this recipe is stunning you can fight me because I personally think it is bUUUFF and I’m going to also be buUUFFF strutting around on holiday. If I can juuuust stop the unnecessary alcohol intake (which is probably my main obstacle to slimming down a bit at the moment) then life will be fantaaaastic.

If any of you lot have any good recipes on your blog, then let me know! I don’t follow too many bloggers who publish foodie content, so send me links and I’ll love you forever!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks so good! I definitely would want to try this because it’s so simple. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig